ND Opportunity Fund
The ND Opportunity Fund (NDOF) leverages private financing to help small businesses and manufacturers attain the loans and investments needed to expand and create jobs. A consortium of 38 municipalities across North Dakota has received funding for operating the loan participation program.
Who or what is eligible?
This program is open to businesses. To be eligible, businesses must:
- Show the ability to service the debt and conduct business
- Show a commitment to the project
- Provide satisfactory payment history with other lenders/creditors
- Have a satisfactory credit history
- Offer acceptable collateral
What can the loan funds be used for?
- Working Capital
- Real Estate
- Interim SBA 504 Loans
What can’t the loan funds be used for?
- Passive real estate
- Unguaranteed portion of SBA-Guaranteed loans
- Any payment of taxes
- Reimbursement of equity injection
- Purchase of any business ownership interest
Rates, Terms, Fees, and Limits
The Loan Participation Program offers rates ranging from four percent (4%) to market rate. Projects that have the highest development impact or provide assistance to underserved persons, or businesses impacted by natural disaster, are eligible for the most attractive rates.
Terms vary by asset type.
Borrowers are required to pay a $100 application fee and up to a two percent (2%) origination fee.
All loans must be secured with collateral. Security arrangements are determined on a project-by-project basis.
Loans cannot exceed $1 million and must not exceed more than 50% of the proposed project costs.
How do I apply for funds?
See the Application Process for more detail on application requirements.